Wednesday 21 January 2009

Job Seeker

Dear Anyone,

Today I felt extremely wound up at work, to the point that I think it was the cause of the headache I had toward the end of the day (which miraculously disappeared when I left the building). My colleagues were behaving a little childishly, and I felt like a teacher who had to make simple decisions and tell people off for silly things. My team leader was off today, so because I've been in charge of the shifts and workflow, they all tried to pass things on to me as if we didn't have a senior there. So annoying.

I really, really want a new job, and to be honest I'm a little scared that I won't find one due to this recession. Today's headlines were focussed on how the unemployment figure has risen, as well as the number of those on Jobseeker's Allowance. I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK ON JOBSEEKERS ALLOWANCE EVER AGAIN. Therefore I won't be leaving this job before I find another, but if I don't find one soon I think I'll go mad. There shouldn't be so much unemployment if the vacancies we see advertised are real. I'm starting to believe that the job ads we see in newspapers, websites, etc, are devised by these publications to lure readers. They have to be. Why is it taking me so long? I've tweaked my CV as much as I can, and looked at so many different ways of writing a cover letter, and I've decided that these things are a matter of personal preference. There is no right way, there are just different ways.

But I know I have to go back to what I asked God to help me with: patience. I just have to be patient because apparently it's going to happen for me. Apparently. I have an application here for the position of Events Assistant for a charity (and surprise surprise I've applied for this one before) so I'm off to fill it out to the best of my ability, and just wait....

1 comment:

Delaware Job Hunters said...

This article reminds me of this quote, "Seasonal unemployment was found to be a state which does not have much employment, for example, rural areas."

But there are career experts who conduct seminars giving advice about the needed skills to compete in today's competitive job market.