Sunday 30 December 2007

It's Here

Dear Anyone,

So... The day has finally arrived. The day I've been anticipating and dreading in equal measures. The day that I have been doing my best to sort my life out in time for. I. Am. 30. Thirty years old. Thirty years old, as in, no longer in my 20s. Thirty years old, as in, I am a fully fledged adult. Thirty years old, as in, I've got only 10 years till I'm 40!! Yes, that thirty years old.

I'm 30. I don't feel different though. Not that I expect to, because that would just be silly - realistically it's only a day later than yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I am unbelieveably thankful that I have made it this far, I know full well that so many don't. But I haven't done what I wanted to do by now. I should have a boyfriend, a career and money!!!! And I don't. We all know what (didn't) happen(ed) with the one I thought I'd marry, bloody Boy Wonder. Yes, up till now my phone hasn't rang with an number I don't recognise and his voice on the other end. But whatever, we won't go into that right now. In terms of the job thing... I'm still here. In a job. Not a career. And I guess that also affects my lack of finances.

On the other hand, let me enjoy and be thankful for the fact that I'm in hot and sunny Miami, having a good time, and not cold in London, although I am missing my friends, but I'll see them soon. I should be seeing RG tomorrow - woooohoooo!!! Today I've already visited the Everglades and held an alligator! That was really fun, and not at all scary (mostly because its mouth was taped up!)

So for now I'm off to have my next drink... Yes I know it's only afternoon, but I've been given strict instructions by Izzy to have a drink every 30 minutes on this day, and well... who am I to say no????! Cheers!!!

No comments: