Tuesday 18 December 2007

Ideas Please!

Dear Anyone,

There are exactly seven days till Christmas Day, which means there are exactly seven days till I fly out to Miami. But for some reason I'm not out of my mind with excitement. I should be, but I don't know why I'm not. My cousin who I'm going with is very excited. She's started packing already.

I think for me, maybe it's come around too quickly, if that makes any sense. And maybe it's also because all my friends aren't coming like I'd originally hoped. One's too pregnant, one has gone elsewhere, one can't afford it at this time, and one has left it so late to book, that I seriously doubt we'll be seeing her there. And I don't know what I'm actually doing on my birthday itself. I keep being asked, and I don't know what to say. I have been to Miami before, but that was for a specific event during Memorial Weekend, so the place was buzzing with people who had come from all over the U.S. This time though I'm thinking that it won't be as busy and we'd have to search for good places to go.

One good thing is that RG will be there on the 31st. She's been in the U.S since last month, working on R. Kelly's tour, and they have a show in Miami on New Year's Eve, so she's going to do her best to get us some passes to watch the show and attend the after-party. That's fine with me. From what I have seen on the net, most of the NYE parties will have tickets being sold at prices starting from $200. $200??? Are they mad? Even when you convert it to British currency, it's still about £100. What club could ever be good enough for me to hand over £100 to enter it??? They're having a laugh.

I also want to do something here when I get back, but I don't have a clue what. I don't want to do the restaurant thing (though it might end up being that), because there's almost always some kind of drama when the bill comes. Unless we go somewhere like Nandos, but that's not happening! If I hire a section of a bar, then the music has to be good. Plus I also run the risk of everyone saying they're broke, since it'll be just after Christmas.

So please - if anyone has any ideas do let me know. I'm open to all suggestions. I just want to make my 30th a good one... Please.

And there endeth my sorrowful plea.

No comments: