Tuesday 4 December 2007

Dream Job

Dear Anyone,

Last week I was sent an email alert from one of the job websites I've left my details with, and it was for a Communications Assistant for one of the major record labels!!! I don't think you understand what this means to me. Ever since I did work experience at that record company, it has been my mission to get permanent work there. At first it was because it's the label that Michael Jackson was signed to, so I thought the freebies would be fantastic and there'd be a very good chance that I'd meet him. But now I'm a bit scared to meet him, because he doesn't look the same (not that I'd ever turn down the opportunity of course) and I think I'd either sweat myself into a puddle or faint for the first time in my life. Anyway I digress. I'd still love to work there, just because it's something I've been trying to work hard for, for years. I was a member of their promotional team for years, I (briefly) got involved with their street-team magazine, I stalked some of their other artists hoping to gain some contacts - but of course this was in my younger days when being a groupie was acceptable.

I've sent off an application via their website, and I'm praying so hard! It's one of those sites where you register a job search account, put up your details and just apply from there. I don't really like that method of applying, because it's not personal enough, but that was the only way, so what can i do? Right now I'd be extremely happy if I was just employed as the Receptionist. You'd get to see everyone that came in, wear what the hell you like, and watch MTV all day. Talk about perfect! I'm just appealing to your good, kind-hearted nature.... PRAY FOR ME!!

No comments: