Thursday 1 November 2007

Game On

Dear Anyone,

Oooh... I'm really really looking forward to Saturday. That is the day I plan to make my intentions clear to the guy I plan to marry later in life. We'll call him Boy Wonder (simply because I'm Wondering why this Boy isn't mine already!). I will be attending a birthday dinner, and I have it on good authority that he'll also be in attendance. I've been building up to this moment for over two years. Sad I know. But I do have my reasons as to why it's taken so long. Every other time I might have wanted to say something to him, situations and circumstances have prevented it from happening. Really it has. This time around though, it will happen one way or another. I will not let December 30th 2007 arrive without finding out if this guy could be interested in me at all. And I feel that this might be my only chance before my birthday/end of the year, because I only see him when there is an occasion or gathering, and I can't think of another reason as to why everyone will be getting together again before New Year's Eve. So I HAVE to do it. Oh my gosh... I'm nervous now.

My plan of action is to get him alone in a corner and hump him. Joke! If I did that, all you'd have to do is look out the window and you'd see me running up the street! Imagine the shame! No really, I plan to just chat to him as we normally do (because we are actually friends now, and trust me - it has been hard work), but later get him on his own and just ask if he would like to go out for a drink or to the cinema with me one day. That's harmless enough isn't it? There's no pressure in that is there? It's better than me saying, "I like you, and I have done for two years. I think you and I would be really good together, because you're everything I'm looking for in a man. Do you like me?" Ugh. I don't think I'd hang around long enough to hear his answer. Once again if you looked out the window, you'd see me just turning the corner at the end of the street. I could never shame myself in such a way.

The scary thing is, without realising it, I have taken a sort of 'Law of Attraction' approach to this situation. I haven't imagined that he might say no. According to the Law of Attraction, if you want something bad enough you have to imagine yourself with that 'thing' or in that 'situation' every day, and that is what I have done unconsciously. It only occurred to me yesterday that he could tell me he's not interested. What the hell would I do?? Anyway I can't even think that way, because it's not part of the plan. So please cross your fingers for me, pray for me and wish me happiness! You don't want me to sad... you won't like me when I'm sad... (said like Bruce Banner before he changes into the Hulk).

2 comments:

Ogunsexy said...

Wonderful, I think you need to alter your appaoch slightly....You may think that tellin him out right that you've liked him for a while will scare him away- but i seriously think he will see you in a 'wonderful' new light ( pun intended lol) . You said yourself you tend to play nice with people and they walk all over you... I think its time that you start owning what is yours....and if you feel strongly about this dude- I suggest you take the bull by the horn and lay it down like allied carpet! Get it out there -tell him how you really feel...If he is a man...and if he is the man for you.... he will see your boldness and admire that..This life if for living and there isnt a quality more rare than honesty...I think he will appreciate you beng open with him ..otherwise he will just confine you to the catergory of random chicks that he knows...whereas you deserve to be THE chick!....Honesly try it... at the very least it will make him stand up and take notice...at the very most...you will have copped yourself a quality dude...and the real fun can seriously begin!!!

Wonderful said...

That was going to be my initial plan, but he's someone who seems to not really trust women, and he's not very proactive, so in the long run I don't think it would have worked in my favour. He has to be kicked into doing some things!