Tuesday 30 October 2007

R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Dear Anyone,

So.... you remember how I asked you not to shout at me if it happened again? Well please don't shout at me, but Undeserving's number kind of found its way back into my phone a little while ago. I know I know, but on the plus side I haven't seen him. The thing is we've spoken, not so often, but it's been cool. Yesterday however, we had a disagreement about his usual blase attitude, and he had the cheek - the bare-faced gall - to hang up on me. Now those who know me (and know me well) will know that hanging the phone up on me is something I consider to be one of the rudest, most disrespectful things you can do. You're basically telling that I'm talking shite. And he did it. I actually looked at my phone for about ten seconds like it didn't really happen. It must have been a network failure or something, surely. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I called back. And it just rang. So then I started to get hot, and because you can't see me blush, you'll see me sweat. I was itching to call him back and leave a message on his voicemail, telling him about himself, his mother and his grandmother, but I was in a public place and I didn't want those around me to know of the shameful thing that had just happened to me.

I took my mum and my cousin out for dinner in the evening, so while we were waiting to order I took the opportunity to excuse myself and go to the Ladies. I called the Underserving bastard's number again and I knew he wouldn't answer, so I had already anticipated having to leave a message. I wasn't rude. I spoke calmly and factually.

"Do you know what Undeserving? In the time I have known you, you've done so many things that have upset me or pissed me off, and like an idiot I've always turned the other cheek or listened to your excuses. But I have never disrespected in such a way by hanging up on you, because I'm not rude like that. Hanging up on me means you're telling me that anything I have to say to you is rubbish, and you don't want to hear it. Yesterday we arranged to meet up, and I was calling you and you didn't pick up, and it's only today you're calling me back. That kind of behaviour pisses me off, so why do you think you're the one who has the right to be annoyed? I don't have time for such childish behaviour. If you want to speak to me properly you can call me, otherwise I'll see you around."

He returned my call about 45 mins later, while I was tucking into my delicious meal, and I answered it. I knew he'd call back, because he knows what I said is true. He said that when I had earlier answered the phone with "Yes what?" he got annoyed, because it sounded like I wasn't prepared to listen to what he had to say. Be a man for God's sake!! He said he had fallen asleep at his mum's house after dinner, and woke up suddenly realising he'd left his phone at work, and he'd only got it back when he went in today.

Is it really..? Whatever. I no longer care to tell you the truth. It's all tiring and time consuming, and to tell you the truth, he isn't the one for me, and certainly isn't the one I'm going to marry. I know who that is, and I plan to get that ball rolling this weekend as a matter of fact. Watch this space...

No comments: