Sunday 4 November 2007

She shoots - She scores!!!

Dear Anyone,

He said yes! He said yes! He said yes! Oh my gosh, he said yes! He said yes! He said yes! Actually it wasn't exactly 'yes' it was more like "I'd love to." Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it!! Positive thinking actually worked for once in my life! I might try it more often.


Okay sorry, I've composed myself now. Let me tell you how it happened, because I know you're DYING to know. After dinner at the restaurant, we went back to Birthday Boy's flat for drinks, and of course Boy Wonder also came. I almost wasn't able to say anything to him, because he very nearly had to leave early, when his ride home decided to leave. Luckily Birthday Boy saved the day and managed to arrange another lift for him later. Phew. So from that moment I thought I couldn't waste time. About 10 mins later he, my friend SP and I were chatting, then SP left to go to the kitchen, so I decided to grab my opportunity - it was now or never. (ok maybe not 'never' exactly, but you get my drift). I grabbed his arm and told him to come with me, and took him round the corner where the front door was. I'm actually surprised that I didn't start sweating with nerves!


Me: I want to ask you something...and it might put you on the spot a bit, but you're a man so you can take it.

BW: Okay...
Me: (Taking his hand and swinging it *jokingly*)
BW: Yeah... you've brought me out here to ask me something and you're not saying anything!
Me: Shush!......(breathe)..... I want to ask you - would you like to go out for a drink or something with me one day?
BW: I'd love to.
Me: (smiling) Really? Don't just say it because you think you have to.
BW: I'm not. Yeah, I'd love to.

Then he took out his phone to take my number. Aaaaaahhhh!!!!!! I couldn't believe how easy it was. He also took my email address when I told him that I had previously emailed him and he ignored me. He reckons he never received it. Yeah - whatever! I don't even really care about that right now, I'm just high! Woooohooooo!!!


The embarassing part though was when we returned to the party. He stopped in the sitting room to chat to friends, and I continued to the kitchen where my girls were. I stood in the doorway and they all looked at me in anticipation. I didn't even open my mouth, I just smiled slightly and nodded my head, and they all started screaming with excitement. Mute was hitting me (the way she does when she's excited). Then who should walk into the kitchen? Boy Wonder of course. SP and RG were able to compose themselves quite quckly. but Mute was still going, so he MUST have known what I'd just told them. I was so embarassed! But he was smiling, so I hope it didn't spoil anything for me. Please don't let it have spoiled anything for me!


Now I'm excited, and I'm going to sit here and let my imagination run wild!!







No comments: