Wednesday 17 October 2007

I'm Wasting Awaaaaay...

Dear Anyone,

What am I doing in this job? No really. I feel like I'm sitting here wasting my life away, all because this damn company feel they need someone here till 10pm. It's nonsense. This isn't what I signed up for when I reluctantly decided to go to university. I'm supposed to be in a (seemingly) glamourous media position, networking, meeting new people and wearing what the feck I like. I should have a company-given Blackberry (or at least a Sidekick) and be able to check my emails from wherever I'm standing. I want to be able to have my work take me abroad every month or two, and build up my Virgin Atlantic airmiles. Why didn't I just take the university grant and £3000+ used for my Post-Grad to go and start a new life elsewhere? Instead I'm here at a firm in an industry I have 0% interest in, being forced to wear an ugly shirt also worn by the cleaners (but I'm putting it off for as long as I can) and working with 'managers' who refuse to operate on common sense. It's farcical.

Anyway I'm bang-on the job search again. I had a chat with my Eye-Candy yesterday, and he gave me a few agencies and websites to try, so that's what I'll do as soon as I get home. I don't belong here at all. I have no intention of moving up in this place, because I don't care. I'm better than this, and I have no qualms in saying that. My friend RG is also helping by putting out a good word for me to her contacts. She is setting up her own fashion brand, and she is being given completely unhelpful, don't-know-shite-about-anything advice such as "Why don't you get to know about fashion by taking on a part-time job in Peacocks, maybe 2 or 3 times a week?" Hello?!! She's an ex-Fashion & Beauty editor! She's already told others what they should be wearing by being a stylist, what the feck is Peacocks going to do for her life, apart from make her a laughing stock?! These 'advisers' are the people hired by the government to give business advice! God save us.

No comments: