Friday 12 October 2007

Nice surprises

Dear Anyone,

Yesterday was sooo weird, but really nice.

While I was at work I received a call from a number I didn't recognise, and when I answered, the person on the other end didn't sound familiar at all. She kept asking whether I know who it is, and where I was, why I wasn't at home, etc, and that she was outside my house. I'm thinking that this was my cousin Isabel getting one of her friends to play tricks on me, so I asked what my address is and she told me. That completely baffled me. She said that she'll give me a clue, which was "I used to be your best friend", and then I knew. Hussna!! She's not supposed to be here! She's supposed to be in Malaysia cut off from the world! I haven't seen her since she had only two kids, now she has four! It was so bizarre. We were so close in our younger days. We lived on the same road, almost directly opposite each other, our birthdays are a week apart, and even at school when the class was made to sit in register order, we always ended up sitting together because I came after her in the register. So weird!!

She came to my house again when I got home from work and we did some serious catching up (I even introduced her to the delights of Facebook!). Then when I walked her home I ended up staying till after 1am. Her kids welcomed me straight away, hugging me and calling me 'Aunty.' It was so nice. Imagine - I'm a week older than her, but she's married with 4 kids. She's so much more of an adult than me, but still as silly as she was before. Sigh. Maybe one day. But I'm glad she didn't ask that flippin patronising, stupid question 'So when are you gonna get a boyfriend?' I hate it. I have a friend who asks me that whenever we meet and I just laugh it off. Whatever man. But it was a nice evening.

No comments: