Friday 25 July 2008

Caribbean Girl

Dear Anyone,

I’m beside myself with excitement! Today is my last day at work for two weeks, because on Tuesday I’m off to Barbados! I CAN’T WAIT!! I’m going with SP and her boyfriend Salop (formerly known as Birthday Boy), my friend Minx and my cousin Mute. It’s partly for SP’s 30th birthday (which will be after we get back) but mostly for the Barbados Carnival. I’m sooooo excited. It has come around quickly though – we’ve been talking about it since the beginning of the year, and we already only have four days to go!

We will be staying in an apartment (don’t you know) and apparently it is located right in the middle of everything, so we will be walking distance to everywhere we go. I’m giddy just sitting here writing to you! So far, the events we have lined up are the Carnival and a Boat Party. I can not wait. Everyone I have spoken to who have been to Barbados say that we’re going to have so much fun. I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I can’t stop thinking about it.

If you know me you’ll know that I haven’t packed yet. Being the broke person I am, I still need the clothes I’ll be packing, or else I’ll be walking around in my birthday suit, and well… I wouldn’t want to get arrested or make the rest of you jealous now, would I? I still have a few things to buy, like swimwear. I still have the same swimwear I bought for our holiday in Miami four years ago, and I’ll be damned if you see me sporting all of the same costumes I did back then. Take note of what I said: I said ‘all of the same costumes,’ meaning a couple of them will be repeats, but at least two won’t be.

So that’s what I will be doing tomorrow – shopping (as broke as I am). I can’t spend much though, because I don’t get paid until the day we leave, which also affects when I can change my currency. But I will absolutely keep you posted on our antics during the holiday. See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo - how was Barbados??? LOL