Tuesday 15 July 2008

I Need Me Another Jobby-Job III

Dear Anyone,

Recruitment agencies are a stupid, useless waste of money! How is it that I emailed my CV to an agency, and within 15 minutes I receive a reply saying that they can't help me, but "thank you for your interest in this post." I didn't apply for a post! So obviously my CV wasn't even looked over. If you say you provide work in Media & Events, and I say I'm looking for work in Media or Events, where is the problem? Which part of that do they not understand?

To be honest with you I really do not want to apply for work through an agency, because I think they are a con. They advertise false jobs just for the sake of getting people on their books. I think I've said this to you before, and so if I'm repeating myself that just goes to show how much I believe that.

I have sent my CV to three agencies and had literally the same response. Is that the in-thing now? Reject it straight-away using the standard template email. If it is, then I think I’m looking for work in the wrong industry, because clearly Recruitment Consultants have it easy.

At my current workplace there are a lot of changes and cut-backs taking place, which will ultimately result in me being unhappier, so I NEED to get out. I have given myself a deadline of September, partly because that is when the changes take effect, and mostly because I only have four days annual holiday left, so I won’t have enough time to travel at Christmas like I want to. Or shall I say – have to.

Another problem I have is coming up with ideas. I’m not much of an ideas person. I’m more the type that can expand on an idea once it has initially been thought up. A couple of the journalism vacancies I have come across are perfect, but they require ideas for headlines and articles, and I’m having a bit of a problem thinking up relevant stories. I think I’ll ask RG – she’s very, very good with ideas. She was born to be in the media, as much as she gets irritated with it sometimes.

So I’m going to go home and seriously think up possible stories for the two vacancies I’ve come across. I’ll keep you posted…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about agencies!!!! Most of them are liars and fraudsters - I totally agree that they post fake jobs, and I reckon they leave posts up long after they know they've been filled just to entice poor job seeking suckers like us.
We'll get there though!!