Tuesday 28 October 2008

Muscle Bound?

Dear Anyone,

I had a surprising conversation with Muscle last night, and there's one part that I don't know what to make of.

While in the middle of getting a lecture from my mum about what I'm doing with my life, I decided to browse Facebook on my phone (so she would think I wasn't interested in what she was saying. Childish? Maybe... so sue me) and noticed that I had a message in my inbox from Muscle. He entitled it "Yes I'm being cheeky but..." and proceeded to tell me that while on his way home from a friend's house, he was in my area and was extremely tempted to call me and ask whether he could come and stay the night, because it was cold, he was very far from home, and public transport wasn't working properly. He ended the message with " Yes... maybe even a step beyond cheeky..."

I was so surprised, and I could tell that it wasn't a joke. In theory it's a VERY nice idea, in practice it just would not work at all. It really wouldn't be fair on me, because he broke it off with me, so that would just suggest that he'd want me to become a friend with 'benefits'. Uh-uh. None of that, thank you very much. He's the kind of guy I would want to be with in the long-term, so if there's no chance of that, then we will remain good friends and nothing more.




However, we did have a very good phone conversation not long afterwards. During the email exchanges (which contained flirting - on his part of course) he gave me his new mobile phone number and said that I could call him if I was still feeling 'spritely,' so I did. He asked me how the conversation with my mum had gone, and I told him that I kind of understood what she was saying, but it was also getting on my nerves, because I wasn't in the mood for it or expecting it at all. Then we got to what exactly it is I want to do career-wise, and I told him about all my media efforts in the past, and how I'm fed up with application rejections, but that I really need to leave my current work place. He suggested I start at the very beginning and make three separate lists; what I have learned in my jobs so far, what I am good at, and what I enjoy. From my final answer I should be able to decide exactly what type of career I want. He's good isn't he?!



We spoke for about an hour, and it was really nice. He's very intelligent and a good conversationalist. When I told RG about it today, she said it sounds like I still like him. Well I am still attracted to him, mostly because he's the one who ended it, so it's not as though I went off him. When someone is as sexy as that, it's not easy! But I don't sit there pining and wishing I was still with him, because that would be a complete waste of time. No one knows what will happen in the future, so as with everything in life, we just wait and see...

No comments: