Friday 1 January 2010

Dawn of a New Decade

Dear Anyone,


2010 eh? Can you believe it? It has been a whole decade since the world was supposed to shut down due to the Millennium Bug. A whole ten years ago! And I remember the year 2000 so well. I was extremely unemployed after finishing university, and I became depressed, and did plenty of courses to try and stay relevant. Wow... the old days. In 10 years time I'll be 42... SO MUCH NEEDS TO HAPPEN IN THAT TIME! A career, marriage and two kids at least.

I haven't actually set any goals for myself this year, I don't feel like I can be bothered. I know what I'd like to do, and I'll do what I can to make them happen, but right now the whole new year's resolution thing is a bit tiresome to me. I'm definitely not doing that "this is going to be my year" nonsense either. Apparently it's been my year for the past 10 years - I should be running around giddy in Exstatic-Land!

I do think I'm a lot more proactive nowadays, however. Maybe not as much as I should be in terms of finding a new 9-5, but I am with the freelance writing, and definitely in playing in the field of Find a Boyfriend. I just don't want to play that field for too long, I want to hit a home-run and go and celebrate!

Hopefully this year will be a good one, and it will be as soon as I find a well-paying gig that will lead to everything else falling into place.

No comments: