Tuesday 10 March 2009

Me And The City

Dear Anyone,

Recently I acquired my very first item from eBay, the Sex And The City DVD boxset - all seasons. It was all so very exciting, but I won't go into that, because I know I'm the last person in the Western world to cotton onto the benefits of that site. This was about a month ago, and ever since then I have been watching an episode or two per night. And I've learned a few things about myself!

I think I'm a little bit like Carrie, in that I look for the best in a potential partner, but generally it gets thrown back in my face. One thing I have also noticed that the SATC women do is allow themselves to be open to going on at least one date with someone they meet, and admittedly I don't do that. I kind of weigh up too many options, the main one being whether I find him attractive at that moment. I'm thinking that maybe I need to stop doing that. Maybe I need to come out of my comfort zone.

The problem is that I dislike being match-made. I don't know if I've said it before, but I find it all too forced. I don't think it gives you the opportunity to become friends, because automatically you have to think of the other person as a boyfriend or girlfriend. But at the same time, I guess that's the aim, isn't it? You don't get set up with someone just to be friends, do you? Hmm... Maybe I'll give it a go when the opportunity arises... Note that I said "maybe"...

1 comment:

Ruki Garuba said...

feel the fear and do it anyway.