Monday 21 January 2013

Date Month

Dear Anyone,

One of my cousins has brought it to my attention that February is the month I meet guys or if I've met or known them prior, February is the month that I go on dates.  Though Sod's Law dictates that those dates are never for Valentine's Day, but whatever.  I thought about what she said, and it's kind of true.

I went on my first (and only) date with Bumper, then found out from elsewhere that he was due to become a father again, as well as get married a couple months later.  Wuss.  Anyway... Then I had another date, less than a week later, but this time with Muscle.  It was a very nice evening, I liked the way he took charge and decided where and what time we were meeting.  My only slight issue was the age old 'who pays on a date?'  

Two years later I was taken on a date by my friend Emperor, which at the time I felt was the best date I'd ever been on.  I've since realised that whenever he flirts with me it's because he's had an argument with his bitch of a girlfriend, but for some reason calls it a break up.  I did think he could be perfect for me, but I've realised that he's just a wuss.

The following February I went on a date with X. He was cute, very easy to talk to and our date was cool, but after a short period of dating, he turned out to be a damp squib.  Gave some story about having to undertake an internship in Manchester, but was behaving like Manchester is a city in Nigeria (where he's from) and we wouldn't be able to keep in contact.

Then last year was when I met and went on dates with Joe.  Four dates within a week, to be exact!  Now the first date definitely rivalled the one with Emperor, because as well as getting 10 out of 10 for chivalry, he presented me with a beautifully delicious chocolate cake with my name on it.  It was snowing that day, but it was like one of those corny nights from a romcom.  I thought he was The One, because we had far too much in common, and it just felt like a meant-to-be situation.  Unfortunately he turned out to be the biggest wuss of the lot.  In fact not a wuss, but a pussy, and I've said previously that I already have one of those, so I don't need another.  Hmm... I'm sensing a theme here that I'm going to have to nip in the bud sharpish!

Now it's 2013, and it will be February in about a week and a half!  I wonder what that will bring... To be honest, judging by the way it's gone so far, I probably shouldn't be hoping for any dates in Feb, because nothing has come of any of the February guys.  Or hopefully, I'm one of those who the number 13 (as in 2013) is 'lucky' for.  Who knows?  Either way... I'll keep you posted...


2 comments:

Merrymary said...

Just catching up with your blog after not being here for while. This year is your year (although I have been saying that to myself for however long)!!!! 2013 will bring you luvvvvvvv

Wonderful said...

Amen! I receive it!