Tuesday 15 April 2008

Faboo dahling!

Dear Anyone,

Yesterday I returned from a fabulous weekend in the South of France. Ooh get me! Ten of us went to Cannes for a friend's 30th birthday, and it was maaarvelous dahling. We took a trip to Monaco on the Saturday, and had planned to go to St Tropez on Sunday, but we were told that it wouldn't be worth it, because most shops would be closed. The weather was great on all days (even though prior research showed that we were to expect good weather on only one day), the people were friendly (unlike those in Barcelona), and most importantly there was no drama or major disagreements between any of the girls.

Initially SP and I thought that there might be, because one of the girls who travelled with us is an ex-friend of ours. We fell out with her about three years ago, when we'd heard of some stupid, childish things she had been saying to other people. She's someone who is hard work. A 'high maintenance' diva, whose issues growing up have made her into a woman with the typical 'only child' syndrome. I was looking forward to the trip partly because I was going on holiday, and partly because I was intrigued with what it would be like between us. And I have to say... it was exactly how I thought it would be. We were all civil to each other. There wasn't any full on conversation between myself and her or SP and her, but if someone made a joke, we'd laugh, if one asked a question that the other knew the answer to, it would be answered - that sort of thing. It would be unrealistic to expect us to be friends again, but we are all adults... some in our 30s now... and if we went expecting there to be arguements and screaming matches, then we really wouldn't have matured at all in all this time.

That aside, I had a very good long weekend, and once again I'm depressed to be back at work... but that's a whole other complaint. We'll keep this post happy and cheery.

No comments: